Pages

Thursday, December 5, 2013

Final Project Proposal

Final Proposal

Chapbook!

For my final project, I think I will be doing a chapbook.  But instead of doing just a bunch of random poems all thrown together, I would like to use the poems I have already written, but then write poems that almost contradict the one I am putting it against. For example, if I were to use my Jabs poem, I would write the opposing poem about a specifically great moment on the ice, a moment that represented the peace and freedom of skating and leaving all of your worries behind, opposite of what happened in the Jabs poem.

Mick

1 comment:

  1. Mick- That sounds like it means lots of new poems. I'm hardly opposed, but I also prefer quality to quantity. Perhaps you create some sort of call/response structure where you write four strong poems that counter ones you've already written? That also creates a possible visual opportunity in the chapbook. I hope to see some new poems tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete